Compassion for our Neighbors Project
- Please donate supplies through our Amazon List or look through the other ways to help below.
Job loss, disability, and hard times can happen to anyone. Hundreds of our community members will be without warm shelter this winter. RISE believes that everyone has the ability to recover and overcome difficult times. Please join our initiative to promote hope by donating/collecting emergency winter supplies for our neighbors.
Did you know that there is a 90-day shelter limit per 12-month period here in Reno? The unavailability of other housing alternatives means our neighbors will be camping out this Winter.
Volunteer at the Emergency Winter Tent
- Open NOV 18 to MAR 31
- Nightly evening shift: 8:00 – 10:30PM
- Morning checkout shift: 5:00 – 7:00 AM
- Bunks for 50 people in a heated tent
- Dinner meal provided by the VOA
- To volunteer click here to contact us and learn more
Sign the Safe Grounds Petition
- A place that unsheltered residents within our community can live without fear of criminalization, harassment, or eviction
- Allows local non-profits and caseworkers easy access to people in need.
Supplies we are looking for:
- Tents all sizes
- Sleeping Bags
- Winter Wear
- Donate through our Amazon List
Drop Off Locations
- 1200 Scheels Drive
- Sparks, NV 89434
- Foundation for Recovery
- 621 Pyramid Way
- Sparks, NV 89431
- Women and Children’s Center of the Sierra
- 3905 Neil Rd #2
- Reno, NV 89502
- High Sierra AHEC
- 639 Isbell Rd #360
- Reno, NV 89509
- Children’s Cabinet
- 777 Sinclair Street
- Reno, NV 89501
Emergency Housing Funds:
- Read more about our Living Room program.
- Afternoon RISE Meal: Donate at least $200 or become a recurring donor to meet some of our caseworkers and people who have benefited from housing vouchers
There will not be enough shelter space in operation for our region so we will need to get creative to keep people safe Winter 2019-2020. Funds are used to provide immediate housing for people who have fallen through the cracks and volunteers can help keep those emergencies from repeating.
The number of deaths from exposure has increased; 37 people died last year while living outside. We use 100% of these funds to intervene in emergency situations. You are invited to meet people who have benefited from the program and some of our caseworkers at a November and Spring home cooked meal. Please donate at least $200 or become a recurring donor of any amount to attend this brunch or Afternoon RISE Meal. The exact date depends on the donor’s schedules.
Past Event: the Mod Pizza Fundraiser
Thank you to all who came and made this a success!