This page orients you to RISE and is a quick resource to find what you need.
- We use GroupMe – Please create an account and we will add you to the relevant team boards by phone number. Group me boards are for quick communication and you do not need to read every message.
- Google Shared Drives: we will add you to the relevant program folders
- Map Data: Washoe County GIS: HERE
- Gear RISE (Public Calendar): HERE
- Events and meetings that RISE is hosting or following.
- Reno Sparks Resource List: In the Shared Drives
- Doodle Poles
- Please complete scheduling poles within 12 hours so that meeting times can be set in advance.
- Google Group Listserves
- We have two zoom accounts
- Human Resources
- RISE and OP rooms
- RISE Housing
- Volunteers Room
- Human Resources
- Executive Committee
- Last Thur of the month @6PM
- Makes the RISE Budget contingent on funding obligations
- Consensus-based & Inclusive
- Brings needs and ideas
- Resident Advisory Board
- Meets on Friday
- Steering Committee
- Brings mentorship and community resources to RISE staff and programs
- Donations Committee
- Performs Needs Assessment
- Maintains donation procedures and communication
- Fundraising Committee
- Publishes needs identified by the other committees
- Hosts events
Daily Meal Providers
The E. Fourth Rest Stop
- LOCATION ON HOLD WHILE BEING USED FOR EMERGENCY COVID HOUSING
- VOLUNTEER GROUPS ARE BRINGING PACKAGED MEALS TO THOSE WITHOUT FOOD ACCESS
- New Daily Meal Calendar
- Emergency assistance for those who do not qualify for anything else and are in danger.
- 1.5 – 3 months of intensive support
- Referral Process
- 3 support people must be identified for each person in this program
- An intake packet must be complete and filed with Ben
- We have 7 interns working 10 to 15 hours per week
- Feel free to find government meetings to attend. Please write and send us a short blurb to count them for hours
- Government meetings often cancel or reschedule so always verify the meeting at the link before attending
- Things to write about. How the meeting impacts social services, emergency preparedness, or housing
- Dynamics between officials
- How women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people living outside, and others from oppressed groups are treated.
- Who is making decisions that are implemented?
- Training Workshops are open to students.
- RSVP for scheduled opportunities and let us know topics you are interested in and you can recruit trainers that will bring new ideas.
Gear RISE & Meals(Public Calendar)
Click the blue plus sign to add one of these calendars to your account. Setup is not designed for mobile devices.
Email Jay to add items to this quick access page: firstname.lastname@example.org